Thursday, May 14, 2009

Problems on the Asus 1000HE

After tinkering around with the netbook I found that the keyboard was some what loose. So I took off the keyboard and found that there was a small amount of sticky tape that holds the keyboard to the netbook. While the tape works, it only holds for a bit before coming undone.

As a solution I bought some double stick tape from Wal Mart and applied this to the bottom of the keyboard. After I placed it back on the netbook I felt like it was too thick and caused some of the keys to stick. I cleaned off the extra double stick tape and then made much smaller strips, about the size of 1/8" x 3".

Placing this back on the netbook, I felt like it was a big improvement but a few weeks later random keys stopped working on the keyboard. So now I'm left with a netbook that can not type certain keys. :)

Will be calling Asus and having it replaced but if they don't I can just buy a new keyboard replacement and just deal with the looseness.

2 comments:

K4BSC said...

Did you get the 1000HE at Bestbuy (270 Atom Processor) or other location (280 Atom Processor)?

Rob said...

I bought it from Amazon. I think the 280 with the longer battery life.