Sunday, January 25, 2004

I was watching the movie Johnny Englishstarting Rowan Atkinson of Mr. Bean fame and I noticed the co-star, the bright blue eyes and dark hair seem so familiar. Acting as a secret spy with Rowan Atkinson was Natalie Imbruglia, actress, composer and singer. Bounus points since she was riding a Triumph Speed Triple!

I have her Left in the Middle cd and one of my favorite songs is track no.4, Leave me Alone. Hard to describe her music but it's down tempo and is almost like a Nelly Furtado sound. I haven't paid much attention to her since I bought the cd in a used music bin but it's nice to see her acting in a large role. Hopefully she's star in some more movies or release a new cd, she is gifted in both area.

Here's a few links of Natalie Imbruglia sites
www.14natalie.com
www.natalie-imbruglia.co.uk << offical site

I also watched an older horror movie, American Werewolf in London. I seen it before but didn't remember the ending or most of the story. So I rented this from Netflix and checked it out, recently I been on a vampire movie interest since watching Underworld. I'm not sure maybe I was expecting more but the movie didn't seem too great. I did enjoy the strange humor, my favorite part was the in the theater when the camera turns to the screen's dialog between the lady and the intruding man. Other than that the movie really didn't stand out, just felt like something was missing. Story line wasn't bad, liked the added detail about werewolves and how the victims don't die but are in a state of limbo between dead.

If you haven't already you might notice I watch a lot of horror movies. If you watch more than 4 movies a month I highly recommend to start a Netflix account. You pay $21 a month and can rent as many DVD's as you like, only limit is you can have 3 DVD's out at a time. From where I live, Fremont it takes about 1 day for the DVD's to arrive from their shipping center in San Jose. Also they come with a pack that is prepaid for return postage. The selection is great, even out of print DVD's are made just for Netflix's rental, an example was Dawn of the Dead. So far I haven't had any problems with my account and either have my friends. A much better choice than going to Blockbuster every Friday night.



Rob



No comments: