Saturday, January 24, 2004

Here's a motorcycle topic that has been on my mind for a while. Leather vs. Textiles for riding. My riding style is mellow, I'm not racing around the hills or dragging knee so I'm really open to both types of gear. They both have different qualities, one is better for wet weather, another is better for track days. If I had to make a choice based upon my experience I would pick the Textile suit, really it's a Aerostich Roadcrafter suit. From my experience wearing my leather jacket in the summer was exteremly hot, with my textile jacket I could open up the vents for air flow. The up side is leather fits better, you can hold the tank with your legs easier, also it's more protection. Also the leathers are custom and that's another plus, it's hard to fit my thin body.

Right now I have a textile jacket/pants from Joe Rocket but the pant's zipper is wearing out and the jacket isn't very good when it rains. I might just buy a leather suit for my riding then use the textiles for riding to work/school. Only problems I would like to place the order soon before the rush for the riding season starts.

Here's my links to both places.

Aerostich Roadcrafter suit

Helimot custom leathers

Rob

No comments: