Monday, February 15, 2010

Train Signal CBT

Recently I purchased the Train Signal dvd for VMware vSphere. The DVD set arrived very quickly, and inside was a nice DVD case with three DVD's. It's important to note that these DVD's are not protected by any digital media rights or passwords, even any accounts. I purchased CBT videos from another major company and was very disappointed that I could not save these to my iPhone or any device that was not on the Internet.

Basically the DVD's are not standard DVD's but actually DVD media discs containing a Flash menu, with links to the AVI videos. There is also PDF documents which contains notes from the videos. In addition on the third DVD there is video formats for your portable media player with video formats of AVI, and even MP3 version files for your car. It's a really nice feature and this allows you to take full advantage of the lessons any where.

Overall the video quality is done well, I'm on video 5 of 36, with each about 15 to 30 minutes long. The instructor is very easy to understand, little jokes or side stories. I generally don't like with some other instructors, he's much more to the point, but very easy to listen to for an hour without problem.

Once I get farther in the series I'll write more about my experience and a longer review.

No comments: